1 RIVER NC DSCN4721 copy

Photograph courtesy of: Eileen Wysocki

New Residents Guide

Welcome to New Castle. You’ll find your new town is full of people ready to welcome you and help you get settled. Here is a list of the services and agencies you’ll want to contact.

Dog Licenses
All dogs in New Castle are required to have a current rabies vaccination and be registered with the town by filling out a Dog License Application. Contact the Town Clerk’s office in Town Hall or call (970) 984-2311.

Driver’s Licenses
Colorado driver’s licenses may be obtained at the DMV office, located in the West Glenwood Mall: 51027 Highway 6 and 24, Glenwood Springs, Colorado. You will need to provide certain documents, which are listed on the Colorado DMV website.

Electrical and Gas Services
Natural gas and electricity in New Castle is provided by Xcel Energy/; (800) 895-4999 (Espanol: (800) 687-8778). Call before your move so that you have power when you move in.

Fire and Ambulance
New Castle is served by Colorado River Fire Rescue. The fire district was formed in 2012 with the consolidation of the Burning Mountains Fire Protection District and the Rifle Fire Protection District. The main fire station in New Castle is located at 775 Castle Valley Boulevard. There is also a response station on County Road 335 near Apple Tree and a fleet maintenance facility at 731 West Main Street, New Castle, Colorado. Colorado River Fire Rescue.

Post Office
Many New Castle residences are served by boxes in the post office or kiosks located in central neighborhood locations. To get your mailbox key, stop by the Post Office, 112 West Main Street, New Castle; (970) 984-2213. The Post Office can provide forms for mail forwarding.

School Registration
You can begin the registration process online by creating an online account with the Garfield Re-2 School District and/or contact the district office, 839 Whiteriver Avenue, Rifle, Colorado; (970) 625-7600. Begin the Registration.

Telephone (land line)
Telephone service in New Castle is provided by Century Link: (800) 491-0118.

Antenna TVs can pick up a few weak signals. Cable service in New Castle by Comcast.
The local service office is located at 1605 Grand Avenue, Glenwood Springs, Colorado (888) 824-4010. There are various companies offering satellite TV services.

To assure uninterrupted service, contact the Town Clerk’s office in Town Hall (970) 984-2311 before you move into your new home. The Town’s utility services include water, sewer, recycling and garbage pickup.

Vehicle Registration
You must register your vehicle in the county in which you live. The Garfield County Clerk and Recorder’s Office provide vehicle registration services.

Voter Registration
You can register to vote when you apply for your driver’s license at the DMV office: 51027 Highway 6 and 24, Glenwood Springs, Colorado 81601; (970) 945-8229. You can also register to vote at the Garfield County Clerk and Recorder’s Offices: 109 8th Street, Suite 200, Glenwood Springs, Colorado or 144 East 3rd Street, Rifle, Colorado.