Here is what is happening in New Castle for the week of February 1, 2016
Weekly Events for February 1
February 1 – 12 noon Lunch at Senior Housing
February 2 – 6 pm Town Council and County Commissioners Combined Meeting
at the Community Center
February 2 – 7 pm Town Council meeting at the Community Center
February 3 – 12 noon River Center Senior Network Luncheon
February 5 – 10 am Super Seniors at First Baptist Church on 7th Street
February 6 – 11 am Founders Day Celebration
Future Events ~ Mark Your Calendars
February 27 – 2016 Annual Ice Bowl on Fire Mountain Disc Course
April 16 – 7 to 11 am Community Health Fair at Coal Ridge High School
June 26 – Festival of Many Cultures
September 9 & 10 – Burning Mountain Festival
2nd Annual Founders Day
February 6, 11 am to 1:30 pm
The Rippy family will be sharing stories of the past.
Bring a side dish or dessert to share, or call Debbie at 984-2311 for an idea.
Events at the Library
February 2 – 10:30 am
Infant & Toddler Storytime
February 3 – 6 pm Get your Business Online workshops, RSVP at gcpld.org/gybo
February 4 – 10:30 am Preschool Storytime
February 4 – 6 pm 2016 Board Meeting
February 4 – 6 pm Foreigners in their Own Land
February 5 – 10 am Mighty Makers Club Imagination Chapter
February 5 – 1 pm It’s Elementary!
February 5 – 3 pm Bistro Book Club
February 6 – 1 pm Extranjeros en su propiatierra
Starting in February – Food for Fines and Winter Reading Scavenger Hunt
Book A Librarian
Available by appointment, All ages
Book a librarian to get help with tablets, e-readers, and computer programs and Apps such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Word, and Excel. Call us today to schedule your 30 minute one-on-one help session: 984-2346
For more information, call 984-2346
The 2nd Annual Family Fun Night
Kathryn Senor Elementary School
Friday, February 12, 6 pm
Featuring prize BINGO and Potato Bar
Gourmet Potato Bar with all the fixings – $5.00
Pie available for $1.00
Prize Bingo is free
For more information call KSE at 665-7700
Grand Avenue Bridge Construction Update
The construction activity for the week of: February 1 – 7, 2016
- Starting January 27, I-70 eastbound at exit 116 will be reduced to one lane of traffic. This closure will be until the end of the year.
- There will be restricted vehicular traffic on River Street as the contractor begins to mobilize in the Glenwood Hot Springs parking area. This parking lot will be closed starting February 1, 2016. Parking for the Glenwood Hot Springs will be in the old Bighorn Toyota Lot with shuttle service to the Glenwood Hot Springs
- Later this week the contractor will be closing 7th Street from 9 pm to 6 am for removal of the catwalk from the existing pedestrian bridge to the traffic bridge.
Traffic impacts: 7th Street, closure from Colorado Avenue to Cooper Street and Wing Street closure.
- Beginning Monday January 18, 7th St. will be closed from Colorado Avenue to Cooper Avenue from 7am to 5 pm.
- The eastbound lane of 7th St. will be open after working hours, 5 pm to 7 am.
- Beginning March 1, 2016, Wing Street will close permanently.
Glenwood Springs Women’s Connection Presents
Color My Life
Thursday, February 11, 5:30 pm to 7pm
Music by Trea Traver, Speaker is Cynthia Leibrock
RSVP to Destiny at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Castle Recreation Department
Youth Basketball Officials are needed, as well as Youth Sports Instructors, contact Larry at 984-3352 for more information.
Starting up soon: Lil Hoop Stars Basketball, Lil’ Kickers Futsal and Slapshot Floor Hockey, for more information go to www.newcastlerec.com