The Clerk is responsible for a variety of essential Town functions, including:
- Preparing Council/Commission agendas, meeting packets, and minutes
- Posting public notices
- Maintaining Town records
- Codifying ordinances into the Town’s Municipal Code
- Managing Highland Cemetery
- Issuing liquor licenses, business licenses, dog licenses, and animal permits
- Conducting Town elections
- Preparing bills and receiving payments for utility services
- Administering the Town’s Municipal Court
Regular elections of the Town of New Castle are held on the first Tuesday following the first Monday of April in each even numbered year.
The Mayor and the Councilors serve 4-year terms. To serve as Mayor and on Town Council, one must be a registered voter, 18 years of age or older on Election Day, and a Town resident for at least 1 year prior to the election.
Mail ballots will be mailed out to active registered Town of New Castle voters.
Applications for absentee and replacement ballots will be available at the Town Clerk’s office in Town Hall, 450 West Main Street, New Castle, Colorado 81647, between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm on Mondays, and 10:00 am and 5:00 pm Tuesday through Friday.
Completed ballots must be returned by either:
1) Affixing first-class postage and mailing the ballot, in completed return envelope, in the pre-addressed ballot return envelope: or
2) Delivering the mail ballot in it’s completed return envelope to the Town Clerks’s office in Town Hall, 450 West Main Street, New Castle, Colorado 81647, between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm on Mondays, and 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday through Friday. On Tuesday, Election Day, ballots may be delivered until 7:00 pm.
All Completed ballots must be received in the Town Clerk’s office by 7:00 pm on Tuesday, to be counted.
For more information, please contact the Clerk’s Office at (970) 984-2311.